RPM package is convenient way to automate consul installation on many RHEL or CentOS servers. But consul rpm is not provided by HashiCorp.
Let's create consul RPM package for CentOS 7 with systemd support.
1. Solaris physical memory usage
Script to get free/unused memory on Solaris can be found with command vmstat. Without options, vmstat displays a one-line summary of the virtual memory activity since the system was booted. Tested on Solaris 5.8, 5.9, 5.10. Can be wrong on Zones.
1. For "HP Smart Array 5i/6i Controller"
Default port: 123
OS: RHEL 6
There is script /usr/sbin/khmel.sh
Simple way to build RPM file, that will install this scrip on another systems.
Special runlevels "s", "emergency", "init=/bin/sh" and single user mode (runlevel 1)
- Runlevel "1" — will run /etc/rc.d/rc1.d
- Runlevel "s" — do not need /etc/inittab and will open root shell on /dev/console
- Runlevel "emergency" — boot single user mode without startup scripts, root filesystem will be mount in read only mode.
- Runlevel "init=/bin/sh" — run /bin/sh instead of /sbin/init
To track root actions after:
1. # sudo -s
2. # sudo -i
3. # sudo su -
4. # sudo mc (with ^o)
5. And if some script “vi test.sh” was created and run “sudo ./test.sh”
RHEL 6, installation: Citrix client, VPNC, Java, Virtual Box guest drivers.
Create repository for Installation DVD
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/dvd.repo
Reset root password on Linux (RHEL/CentOS).
Grub or Lilo should be without password or you should know that password.
In GRUB menu press "a" to go in edit mode and write after "... rhgb quit" single or s: